June 2, 2011

from History


I was in the library of the bishop’s house and found an SCJ American magazine called ‘Reign of the Sacred Heart” of 1997. I saw an article which was written by Fr. Tomas Garvey. The article goes like this: “Fr. Tom Garvey, our former provincial superior, recently wrote from his new assignment as a missionary in India: “I am settling in rapidly and much more easily than my first time in India- thank God!  There is much to do- teaching religion and English, and doing the final work on our new building. We hope to move in with our students by spring. Preparations are also being made to open a new rental house near the major seminary in June.
“We are at the end of the rainy season and thankfully, the rain is less frequent, but it has been more violent with lightening, thunder and winds. I awoke one night with rain blowing across my room. My creative, if not fully effective solution, was to hand my cassock and shirts on my clothesline that runs inside my room across the windows. It worked!”
Lots of memories about Fr. Tomas Garvey. May he rest in the peace of the Lord. 

No comments: