June 10, 2011

birthday celebration.


On 3rd of month, evening as I was in my room, someone knocked at the door. I shouted, yes come in! I see it was bishop. He said, I am preparing the directory of the diocese and so I need your particulars. First up of all; tell me how do we spell your name. I said, S A N I L. it is ok. Now tell me your Birth date, I said it and he was amazed about it. What!!! But you did not tell me. In the evening comes his proclamation that we will go tomorrow for your birthday celebration. Oooh. So on Saturday evening we went to the hotel for pizza. As we reach there and as I saw the menu, I said I want seafood with pasta. Oh is it? I too want it. Bishop changed his mind too. So we had sea food with pasta (it was really tasty) Monsignor was busy with chips and beef.  It was unexpected and something amazing to go to a hotel with bishop. In India it would be a world wonder if a bishop comes with a priest to celebrate the birthday in hotel. It would be the headline for next day’s news paper. On the way bishop started to tell me. It is something like a custom here in South Africa to tell about your birthday. People tell it not that they have found it and celebrate it. At the end of the meal we gave order for a big pizza for Sunday, because we will have senate meeting on Monday and there would be some priests who will be there on Sunday evening in the house. 

No comments: