May 23, 2011

S A


 There was an interesting thing that happened as we were going to Aliwal for the assembly. As we were going on, there was some places were the road construction was going on. So the workers stop from the one side and on one side only the vehicles were going. As we reached the stop point, the girl who was watching showed hand that we can proceed and not need to wait. But as we began, another girl shouted, stop, stop, it is not yet time to leave the vehicles from this side. So we put the reverse gear and brought the car back. Suddenly one of the girls pulled the plastic barricade and she climbed on it and sat on it. It was all so spontaneous that I felt so funny. I took my mobile phone and pictured the girl sitting on the barricade. Another girl saw it and shouted, this man is taking your photo. Wow, she just jumped out of it and went into the small hut which is kept for them to have rest. She came out with an iron bar. I was terrified, she came to the car and told me, man you should delete it. As she was there, I showed her the photo. Suddenly there was a phone call from the other side of the traffic to leave the vehicles from this side. So I deleted one of the two photos that I had taken.  As we continue our journey the priest who was riding the car, said. You need to learn a lot about the culture of Africa. It is a culture of violence. They never look who is who, but just beat or shoot is their culture. Did you not see her coming with an iron bar? Yes I learn the lesson.  

No comments: