May 6, 2011

second week of May



 On these posts, what I had missed was that of the Chrism Eucharistic celebration. It was on the Holy week Wednesday. It was in the afternoon. We left the house around 12 in the noon. From our house to ST. Teresa mission is a very beautiful way. On both sides it is empty fields but it look beautiful because there are some mountains and valleys and beautiful scenery on both sides of the road. 
As we reach there most of the people are there ready. Bishop was already ready there. With a small procession we began the celebration. I was feeling funny because it was like a cultural program with lots of shouting. For each part of the Eucharist there was dancing. The youth had dressed in traditional dress and decorated themselves and were dancing. It looked so funny sometimes. It was before the Gospel reading, that the priest who was sitting in front of me stood up and started to dance. People were singing so loudly that it was so noisy and then all dancing. I was waiting for the Eucharist to get over. After the celebration bishop came back by carrying a big horn of an animal. He was literary carrying it. It was really big horn. He announced that he was going to bless the “Oil of Gladness” and then going to give to the priest and then they would come and apply on both hands and forehead of the people. It was really a big news for them and then all again dancing and singing. After all these dramas, priests were seated and then they had gift for each priest. When I opened it was one big chocolate and then a medium packet of sweet. It remains a unique experience of Africa.

On Monday it was a public holiday. So I went to the town and bought some winter cloths and some toilet items. Since it was holiday our cook did not come to the house. Normally, when cook is not coming, Bishop is our cook. I see a bishop who is very interested in cooking. He looks like a professional cook. But that day he was very busy and so he too didn’t turn to kitchen. So afternoon I had no lunch. (I feel sad), at night bishop came and cooked French bread with Omelet.
As I went for evening walk, it started to rain and I come home and see that my jogging shoe is broken. So on Tuesday I went and bought a new shoe for walking sake. The one I had, I bought from Aliwal north and it was a Chinese production. It seemed to be good, but it was broken so badly. Now I have a company item. It is quite expensive. I think it will remain longer. (www.olypic-sport.co.za). It looks good and feels so far so good. 









No comments: