March 10, 2011

ST.PIUS X PARISH,HILTON


On the Ash Wednesday we went to the Hilton parish for the Eucharistic celebration in the evening. Since I came, what I see here is the rain. More than the rain it is thundering. Some days it thunders more than hours. Lightning and thunder are the special items of the South Africa? I doubt it. Since the African bursar’s meeting is going on, we were a big group for the Eucharistic celebration. In the introduction, our father provincial asked in the church, had you ever got so much in priests in your parish? All people shout in loud voice: no father. Hmmm. There have a projector in the church, so whenever there was a song to be sung, all the people sung the song in loud voice.
Something that was interesting was that, before the reading, two people brought the book to the Alter, then, all those present in the chapel stretched their hands and the main celebrant extending his hands and all of them blessing the readers. It was good. The sermon was funny because the priest who was preaching was like talking to little children, just telling something. There is praying, there is fasting and there is almsgiving. Let us observe it. And some few words and the sermon was over. Before the offertory the ashes were given. The German bursar was invited to give ashes to the people. Then I was invited to give ashes to the people. First to the priest and then to the people. So it would remain in my mind about the Ash Wednesday of the 2011. After the mass, almost all the people come to greet the priest and they greet each other. Yes it was good. Because it is also the first parish that I come after I came to SA.

ST.PIUS X PARISH,HILTON
Last Sunday I had gone to the neighbouring convent , Sacred Heart sisters to give them monthly recollection. I think none of the sisters slept during the talk. It was short and shorter in saying because the recollection talk is only for 45 minutes and i talked only for 25 minute and the rest of the time was given to them for sharing. It went well. On Monday morning I celebrated Eucharist for them. Those were another thing that I should be keeping in my mind. The Afrikaans classes are going on well. Sister tires her best (do I do my best is another question) to teach us and make us read. It is going on well. 

No comments: