January 6, 2011

Christmas 2010

Until morning of 25th December 2010, I had no plan for the Christmas Eucharistic celebration. Because there was no invitations for any special celebrations. So I had in my mind that I would go to our St. George parish and join them for the Eucharistic celebration. As I am preparing my mind for it, there comes a phone call, father, please will you come to our parish for the Eucharistic celebration. I said, yes to the invitation. I was thinking that it was only an invitation to join and con celebrate the Eucharist with them. In the afternoon I went to the parish and hear confession. As I come back to seminary there comes some youth of the parish, father please come with us, because there is a crib competition based on the prayer group, so please come and be the judge of the competition. I had a tough time to decide to go or not to go. Anyway I joined with them and I went around the parish in the bike and putting mark and giving comments about each crib. I think I worked very well. After the dinner, I had some personal time. Then I prepared myself and I rush to the parish where I was invited for the Christmas Eucharistic celebration. But when I reach there, there comes the surprise, the priests had called me to celebrate the Eucharist and to preach for the Eucharist. Oh My Gosh!!!!!!!!!! What is this!!!!!!!! I could not close my wonder, because the parish priest is quite an old priest and the assistant is young and I knew him while he was in the minor seminary. They both say that we have called you for this purpose. But since I had mass next day, I had prepared homily. But I was very much surprised to be invited for such huge gathering. May be around 500 to 700 people for Christmas Eucharistic celebration. So that remains a wonder and it was a surprising gift for Christmas 2010. 


















St:Peter's Parish , Kumbalanghy 

No comments: